The bicycle lock, an accessory that has become essential
There are more and more bicycle thefts, so it's essential to have an anti-theft system to protect your bike. It must be solid and allow a point of attachment to a fixed support which must encompass the frame of the bicycle at the very least.
There are several types of bicycle lock, with different degrees of safety.
The different types of bicycle lock
- The anti-theft cable or spiral attaching the wheel to a fixed point but offering little security if used alone. It's recommended to use a U-shaped lock for the frame in addition to the anti-theft device for the wheel for better safety. A long bicycle lock cable (10 meters) makes it possible to include the two wheels at the point of attachment.
- The chain lock offers good protection with steel links, the ideal being to have links of at least 8 mm for better safety.
- The U-shaped lock, which is made of steel and is very robust, is the most popular anti-theft device for cyclists and the most powerful in terms of protection. The size of the handle can vary, knowing that a long handle will make it easier to attach your bike to any type of support.
- The framelock that locks the rear wheel, It's mainly used for short stops and can be completed by a chain to attach the bike to a fixed point.
- The folding lock, lightweight U-shaped lock that fits into a cover that can be attached to the frame.
KRYPTONITE U-Lock MESSENGER MINI+ Black
KRYPTONITE Kryptolock Standard U Locks + Kryptoflex
ABUS Folding lock BORDO COMBO 6100 90cm Black
KRYPTONITE Evolution Mini 7 With Kliptoflex
Ixow Wheelguard Gravity Nuts Wheel Lock Silver
ABUS Wall/Floor Anchor GRANIT WBA 100
ABUS Folding lock BORDO 6000 120cm Red
ABUS Folding Lock BORDO GRANIT X PLUS 6500 Red
KRYPTONITE Evolution Mini 5 Locks
ABUS Lock CATAMA 870 85cm Black
KRYPTONITE Kryptolock Kryptolock Mini 7
ABUS Folding lock BORDO 6000 90cm Black
ABUS Lock IVERA STEEL-O-FLEX 7200 Black