The Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 Disc carbon wheels are an ideal choice for road cyclists who want speed and efficiency in all situations, and also when racing. The 45mm contoured rim slices through the air with minimal drag. It is also one of the lightest in its class. For this season, the outer carbon layer benefits from Mavic's new UD² design, which gives it a very specific visual identity and further reduces the weight of the carbon layer: 15 g saved on each rim!
The combination of the new layering technique used to manufacture the rim and Mavic's exclusive Fore Carbon technology allows the upper deck to remain intact and reinforce the rim only at critical points. The assembly makes it possible to obtain a lightened wheel of 40 g. As the spokes are anchored without drilling the upper deck, there is no need for rim tape, which means additional weight reduction (30 g), and fewer problems when fitting or repairing tubeless tires. With this new rim upper bridge profile, fitting and removing a tire has never been so easy. With the UST Tubeless system, no inner tube, no friction. And a larger volume of air allows a smoother piloting. The result: increased speed with greatly reduced rolling resistance. And finally, Mavic's patented elliptical spokes are saving even more energy.
Mavic's new Infinity hub platform helps optimize racking. The carefully adjusted spoke tension optimizes power transfer. Their Instant Drive 360 freehub body, combined with the automatic adjustment of QRM Auto bearings, guarantees quick engagement, high rigidity and extended durability. The wheels can be fitted with Shimano and SRAM XD-Road freehub bodies, and are convertible to Campagnolo by means of an optional freehub body. They are compatible with Center Lock brake rotors only. These wheels are designed, manufactured and patented by Mavic, in Annecy, and entirely handmade on their European site.
The + product:
- Sharper acceleration, faster climbs, better speed retention : Mavic's new UD² layering technique and Fore Carbon spoke anchoring technique save 55 g and do without rim tape (another 30 g less per wheel). 45mm high / 26mm wide NACA rim profile optimized for disc brakes Patented lightweight aero spokes.
- A more rigid wheel for better power transfer : Fore Carbon technology guarantees the strength of the upper rim bridge, which increases its rigidity. Infinity hub platform: rigid axle, durable bearings and new hub design, which optimizes the spoke arrangement (spoke layout and tension). ID360 freehub body for instant power transfer.
- The optimized UST Road system allows for more speed, more comfort and better handling, all with an easy-to-use tubeless system : no inner tube means less friction, more efficiency and grip, and better protection against punctures. The profile of the upper rim bridge makes it easier to fit and change tires. The Fore Carbon drilling technology eliminates the need for the rim tape.
- ASTM Category 2: road and paths, jumps from a height of less than 15 cm.
- To optimize the longevity of the wheels, Mavic recommends that the maximum weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120 kg (bike weight included).
- Recommended tire widths: 25 to 32 mm.
- Max pressure : refer to the indications on the wheel and the tire. If they are different, choose the lowest.
- Material: 100% carbon fiber.
- Height: 45 mm.
- Specific profile for disc brake.
- Pneumatic: UST Tubeless and inner tube.
- Internal width: 19 mm.
- ETRTO size: 622 x 19TC.
- Fore Carbon tubeless rimless technology.
- UST Tubeless technology.
- Material: steel.
- Shape: straight, aerodynamic ellipticals, constricted (patented).
- Nipples: aluminum, integrated Fore.
- Number: 24 front and rear.
- Front and rear shelving crossed by 2 contactless.
- Disc standard: Center Lock.
- Front and rear body: aluminum.
- Axle material: aluminum.
- Front: compatible with quick release and 12 x 100 thru axle.
- Rear: compatible with quick release and 12 x 142 and 12 x 135 thru axle.
- Infinity hubs.
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel system.
- QRM Auto automatic bearing adjustment technology.
- UST valve and accessories.
- User guide.
- Wheelset: 1440 g.
- Front wheel: 655 g.
- Rear wheel: 785 g.
- Fore Carbon tubeless technology without rim tape : stiffer and more robust. Instead of drilling the rim to anchor the spokes and fit the nuts, a threaded metal insert is integrated into the draping of the lower rim bridge: the spokes can thus be screwed directly onto it. The upper rim bridge remains intact. No more need for a rim tape to ensure its tightness!
- UST Tubeless technology : Universal Standard for Tubeless traction and control. Ready-to-drive tubeless system. The UST system improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and the risk of punctures.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel System : The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is ultra light and efficient. An oversized non-contact rubber seal reduces friction to a minimum, and a wide choice of adapters makes it compatible with all types of frames and axles.
- QRM Auto Automatic Bearing Adjustment Technology : Mavic Auto Bearing Quality Our latest innovation. These cartridge bearings are obviously double sealed, with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to ensure, in the long term, a perfect rotation without any play.
See all the Mavic products.