The Aksium is an excellent choice for daily road trips. Thanks to its premium materials and durable design, beginner road racers can enjoy the performance of a high-quality wheelset.
The Mavic Aksium Disc wheel has specific features to meet the special requirements of bicycles equipped with disc brakes. It is equipped with straight spokes for increased strength and rigidity. Their number is increased to 24 at the front and at the rear. The rims, with an internal width of 17mm, are compatible with tubetype tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable and perfect for rough roads. The hubs, designed specifically for disc brakes, feature low friction QRM bearings that are extremely strong and incredibly durable.
The + product:
- Powerful and reliable disc brakes to gain confidence and control : 24 spokes at the front and rear for optimal distribution of braking torque. Rim profile optimized for disc brakes. Spokes and spoke shapes suitable for disc brakes.
- Smooth and efficient handling: fit tires up to 32 mm thanks to the wider rims (17 mm, internal width). High quality QRM cartridge bearings. Straight and round spokes, more resistant than angled spokes.
- ASTM Category 2: Roads and paths, jumps from a height of less than 15 cm.
- To optimize the longevity of the wheels, Mavic recommends that the maximum weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120 kg (bike weight included).
- Recommended tire widths: 25 to 32 mm.
- Max pressure : refer to the indications on the wheel and the tire. If they are different, choose the lowest.
- Material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Height: 21 mm.
- Connection: pinned.
- Drilling: traditional.
- Specific profile for disc brake.
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm.
- Pneumatic: tire.
- Internal width: 17 mm.
- ETRTO size: 622 x 17C.
- Material: steel.
- Shape: straight, round.
- Nipples: steel, ABS.
- Number: 24 front and rear.
- Shelving: front and rear crossed by 2.
- Front and rear body: aluminum.
- Axle material: aluminum.
- Front: compatible with quick release and 12 x 100 thru axle.
- Rear: compatible with quick release and 12 x 142 and 12 x 135 thru axle.
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel system.
- QRM Auto automatic bearing adjustment technology.
- Front wheel: 870 g.
- Rear wheel: 1035 g.
- Wheelset: 1905 g.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel System : The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is ultra light and efficient. An oversized non-contact rubber seal reduces friction to a minimum, and a wide choice of adapters makes it compatible with all types of frames and axles.
- QRM Auto Automatic Bearing Adjustment Technology : Mavic Auto Bearing Quality Our latest innovation. These cartridge bearings are obviously double sealed, with C3 internal clearance. Their preload is automatically adjusted to ensure, in the long term, a perfect rotation without any play.
See all the Mavic products.