Lightweight and very durable, good lateral rigidity without compromising the vertical flexibility. The all-new Ksyrium SL
sets the bar high. A new standard for aluminum road wheels
The Ksyrium has always represented the best of aluminum wheel technology. Following in the footsteps of the venerable Ksyrium Elite and Ksyrium Pro, the all-new Ksyrium SL takes it to the next level. It is the ideal all-round wheel for riders looking for reliable support for everyday performance on the road. This new wheel is light (100g less than the old Ksyrium Elite, despite a larger rim width) and still as durable thanks to our patented ISM 4D process.
This machining process removes all excess material between each spoke hole, while maintaining sufficient wall thickness where spoke tension and stress are greatest.
These rims are made in France
, in our aluminum rim factory. The narrowed spokes further reduce weight and achieve an even more responsive wheel. Their patented elliptical shape also saves energy for greater efficiency. Fore technology increases rigidity. The upper rim bridge is not drilled; it therefore remains resistant and rigid, and does not require the installation of a rim tape (another 30 g less per rim).
With the new upper rim bridge profile, fitting and removing a tire has never been so easy; our UST Tubeless technology
reduces rolling resistance and increases grip while limiting the risk of punctures. Our new Infinity
hub platform optimizes stiffness and power transfer, thanks to carefully adjusted spoke tension.
The Instant Drive 360
freehub body guarantees, together with the automatic adjustment of the QRM Auto bearings, quick engagement, good rigidity and increased durability. It can be fitted with Shimano cassettes, and is convertible to Campagnolo or SRAM XD-Road by means of optional freehub bodies. The + product:
Ultralight and durable for everyday performance
- ISM4D rim weighs only 400g
- Patented lightweight aero spokes and 22mm high and 19mm wide rim minimize inertia and maximize handling
- Strong rim top deck eliminates the need for rim tape, saving an additional 60g
Lateral stiffness and vertical flexibility for more dynamic handling
- Fore technology ensures the strength of the upper rim bridge, which increases its rigidity
- New Infinity hub platform: rigid axle, durable bearings and new hub design for guaranteed wheel stability
- ID360 freehub body for better power transfer
The optimized UST Road system allows for more speed, more comfort and better handling, all with a
easy-to-use tubeless system
- Who says no inner tube means less friction, more efficiency and grip, and better protection against punctures
- New rim upper deck profile makes it easier to fit and change tires
- Fore drilling technology eliminates the need for rim tape
- Maxtal UST rim
- Height: 22mm
- Internal width: 19 mm
- UB control brake band
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Pneumatic: UST Tubeless and inner tube
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Fore / SUP
- Steel spokes x24
- Weight: 835g
Delivered with :
- Freewheel: Freewheel: Shimano / Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional freehub bodies
- Rear axle: Quick release only
- BR601 quick releases
- UST valve and accessories
- User guide
See all the Mavic products.