The Forclaz teams, trekking enthusiasts have designed this meal to allow trekkers to cook and eat while carrying a complete, clever and light kit.
Made of very resistant and light stainless steel. Complete for 2 people (2 folding spoons / forks, 2 bowls and 1 colander cover included). Compact, lightweight, easy to store in the backpack.
- Strength: 18/8 (304) stainless steel.
- Ease of use: Durable, easy-care stainless steel saucepan, folding handle. Cover ..
- Modularity: 1 saucepan, 1 lid / colander, 2 bowls, 2 folding spoons / forks.
- Easy transport: Foldable handle locking the lid, cover 405g. 13.5 x 14 cm.
- Compatibility: Product suitable for all types of fires (wood, gas, induction ...).
- Weight: 0.405 kg
- Guarantee: 5 years.
What are the elements included in the meal? :
- 1 graduated saucepan with 1 folding patented handle. (1.3 L useful, 240 g, 13.5 x 14 cm)
- 2 bowls with structure to limit heat diffusion (0.45 L useful, 13 x 6.5 cm, 46 g each)
- 2 folding spoon / fork cutlery (11 g each, length 18.5 cm)
- 1 lid / colander (35 g)
- 1 carrying case (16 g).
How did we choose the prices of our meals on board? :
- We chose 18/8 (304) stainless steel because it combines food safety and long-term resistance. It does not oxidize and quickly corrodes. It is very durable and allows use with all types of utensils (including metal).
How did we choose the coverings for our meals on board? :
- On the TREK500 range we have chosen not to use a non-stick coating in order to have a very simple product that is resistant to all conditions of use or washing. No more wondering how to transport or wash it without the sea!
How did we choose the plastics from our meals-on-wheels? :
- Polyamide (cutlery), polypropylene (plate, handle), tritan (cover) were chosen because they are light and they resist heat very well (at minimum 100 C), impact and training.
- Attention, do not place the plastic parts in direct contact with a flame.
How to best use your meals? :
- Our meals are compatible with all types of fires (wood, gas, induction ...).
- The pan has a patented folding handle in 2 parts which locks the lid during transport.
- The lid fits the pan, heats food faster and also serves as a colander.
- The bowl has a structural design limiting heat transfer and can accommodate a gas cartridge (230g screw cartridge type) for transport.
- Cutlery folds for easy storage.
How to store your meals :
- The elements are stored inside the cooking pot. First the bowl then the cutlery. The cover is then placed and is locked by the foldable handle.
- The bowl and cutlery are also available for sale individually.
How to clean and maintain your meals? :
- Before the first use, rinse all the elements with clean water 3 times.
- All the elements can be put in the dishwasher, and when used outside they can be washed with soapy water or with water and sand from the river!
What should you avoid doing with your meals on board? :
- Never heat your pots empty, this will distort and damage them.
- When using with a wood fire, take care that the flames do not directly touch the plastic parts.
- Close your handle properly before using the cooking pot on the fire.
- In any case, prevent the flames from rising too high and coming loose from the cover, it could melt.
Materials and regulations : Our products and materials meet current food contact standards. They do not contain Bisphol A (BPA) in accordance with French regulations in force.