The one and only absoluteBLACK Premium 1X RaceFace Boost
compatible, Narrow Wide chainring designed for the RaceFace CINCH
direct mount system. This version is designed specifically to work with the CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano Hyperglide+ 12 S
chain only. This is the most premium oval chainring on the market with scientifically proven performance gains. Suitable for larger bikes (when inverted).
Oval chainrings do not produce more power, they increase pedaling efficiency through better power transmission. This means that you won't necessarily go further by pedaling harder. But the less force you lose, the more energy you keep, allowing you to pedal harder when you need to and thus reducing your general fatigue. That's why you can ride faster, longer and further with oval chainrings.
Studies conducted by the University of Primorska, Slovenia, show significant differences between the use of AbsoluteBlack Oval
chainrings and conventional round chainrings. It is proven that using an oval chainring can provide up to a 9% increase in pedal stroke efficiency, up to 7% less oxygen consumption, 15% less breathing and up to a 10% decrease in heart rate.
- Weight : 30T (58g), 32T (62g), 34T (69g)
- Color : Black
- RaceFace Cinch cranks compatibility : RF Next SL G4, Next SL, Next R, RF SIXC, RF Turbine, RF Atlas, AEFFECT, RIDE CINCH.
- Chain compatibility : Shimano 12S Hyperglide+ chain only.
- Material : Aluminum CNC machined 7075 Txxx. Long life construction. Type II anodized finish.
- Designed in the UK. Made in Poland (EU).
- Chain line: 52 mm.
- 3mm offset
- Ovality : Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent pending.
The difference between Boost148 and non-Boost chainrings is only in the offset/dip of the chainring itself. You will use the same crank on both Boost and non-Boost bikes, but the offset of the chainring must be different to accommodate the chainstay clearance. Boost chainrings only have a 3mm offset whereas non-Boost chainrings have a 6mm offset.
If you wish to check the frame clearance with the new oval chainring, the measurement of the largest dimension of the oval (from tip to tip of the tooth) is shown below: 30T : 134 mm; 32T : 143 mm; 34T : 151 mm.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR SPECIAL DIRECT-MOUNT CHAINRING :
HOW TO MOUNT THE RACEFACE CINCH OVAL CHAINRING :
- We have mastered our oval platens to perfection, so you can get the best possible benefit from the oval/elliptical shape.
- Thinnest design to provide an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- Unique special oval shape (patent pending).
- Greatly improves traction and climbing ability
- Unique narrow and wide tooth profiles (patent pending) to keep your chain in place for at least 12 months!
- Special 3D machining of the teeth for ultimate mud relief, which greatly reduces wear and noise.
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
- The ability to install a smaller ring size that cannot be mounted on the regular spider.
- Exceptional quality and look.
- You will ride faster when using ovals. If you continue to use round rings, the others will be faster.
- You won't feel the oval shape at all.
- Reduces stress on the knees
- The chainring has a mark on the back that you need to align with the center of the crank arm to get the main/recommended position. Once this is done, use the BB key to lock the locking ring. If you wish to try a more aggressive setup, rotate the chainring from the main position clockwise one notch on the splines. This will rotate the oval an additional 22°. We do not recommend the second position for beginners. Before you start experimenting with the chainring synchronization, make sure you have been riding in the main position for at least 5 months.
HOW TO MOUNT A RACEFACE CINCH OVAL CHAINRING ON A FAT BIKE :
- On Fat Bikes using 26 or 28T chainrings, it is necessary to reverse the chainring flat. The 26 and 28T chainrings have a double spike mark on the front that you must align with the center of the crank arm to get the correct position. All other steps are identical to the instructions above.
- Our main/recommended cadence position is a fantastic setup for everyone. However, some more experienced riders may prefer a slightly more aggressive timing position. The RaceFace oval chainring allows you to change the timing position by 22° in either direction from the initial setting. It is the only chainring in our range that offers this adjustment possibility.
- The oval (elliptical) chainring does not compromise the work of the rear derailleur clutch mechanism (video at the bottom of the page). Nor does it require a chain tensioner when used in Singlespeed. The most advanced patent-pending tooth profile on the market guarantees a minimum of 12 months of excellent chain retention! We mean it. Always use a new chain with a new chainring.