The one and only AbsoluteBlack Narrow Wide Oval Chainring Direct Mount.
Designed for Shimano
cranks. A very smooth pedaling experience. This chainring is specially designed to work with the Shimano 12V Hyperglide+ CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 chains due to the different tooth thickness. This special Rainbow Titanium PVD coating process makes the chainrings very durable and incredibly beautiful. This is the most premium oval chainring on the market with scientifically proven performance gains.
Oval chainrings don't produce more force, they increase pedaling efficiency through better force transmission. This means that you won't necessarily go further by pedaling harder. But the less force you lose, the more energy you keep, allowing you to pedal harder when you need to and thus reducing your general fatigue. That's why you can ride faster, longer and further with oval chainrings.
Studies conducted by the University of Primorska, Slovenia, show significant differences between the use of AbsoluteBlack Oval
chainrings and conventional round chainrings. It is proven that using an oval chainring can provide up to a 9% increase in pedal stroke efficiency, up to 7% less oxygen consumption, 15% less breathing and up to a 10% decrease in heart rate.
Due to the nature of the PVD process, each plate is unique and colour may vary. No two chainring are alike, making your new tray completely inimitable.
- Weight: 28T (49g), 30T (54g), 32T (60g), 34T (65g), 36T (69g)
- Color : Rainbow
- Compatibility : Fits Shimano XTR M9100, M9120, M9125, M9130, XT M8100, M8120, M8130, SLX M7100, M7120, M7130, Deore M6100, M6120, M6130 and FC-MT900 cranksets.
- Chain Compatibility : Works ONLY with Shimano 12 S Hyperglide+ CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 chain.
- Material : CNC machined 7075 Txxx aluminium. Long life construction. Physical Vapour Deposition
- Chain line: Depends on crank model. Each crank model has a different shaft length, but the same chainrings.
- Ovality : Optimised for each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and timing from 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead centre) Patent pending
- This is a direct fit plate, so please use the original nut to fit it to the crank.
- Designed in the UK. Made in Poland (EU).
If you would like to check the frame clearance with a new oval chainring, please find below the measurement of the largest dimension of the oval (from tip to tip of the tooth): 28D : 127 mm ; 30D : 134 mm; 32D : 143 mm; 34D : 151 mm.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR OVAL CHAINRINGS FOR SHIMANO 12S :
HOW TO MOUNT THE ABSOLUTEBLACK OVAL CHAINRING ON THE SHIMANO 12SPD HYPERGLIDE+ CRANK:
- We have mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get the most out of the oval/elliptical shape.
- Very slim design for an excellent strength-to-weight ratio.
- Unique special oval shape (patent pending).
- Greatly improves traction and climbing ability
- Unique narrow and wide tooth profiles (patent pending) to keep your chain in place for at least 12 months!
- Special 3D machining of the teeth for ultimate mud relief, which greatly reduces wear and noise.
- All rings have integrated threads for easy mounting and reduced weight.
- Superb quality and great looks.
- You will ride faster using oval rings. If you continue to use round rings, the others will become faster.
- You won't feel the oval shape at all.
- These chainrings also help you recover from knee injuries because pedalling becomes smoother and less strenuous.
Using the Hollowtech II disassembly tool (like the BBB BTL-116), carefully open the nut that holds the chainring to the crank (normal thread). Once the lock ring is removed, remove the old chainring and grease the splines of the crank. Place the new oval plate with the convex side on the crank. The plate/crank has special splines that only fit in one direction. Close the locking ring with a force of 35-50 Nm. The chainring is only compatible with Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ CN-M9100, M8100, M7100 and M6100 chains. Using other chains may cause the chainring to fall off very easily due to the thinner than usual teeth.
Is a chain guide necessary? No. But if you want one, the guide bar must be 2 teeth larger than the nominal size of the oval chainring.
* Always use a new chain with a new chainring.