The AbsoluteBlack 104 BCD
Oval Chainring is specifically designed to work with Shimano CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 12V Hyperglide+ chains due to the different tooth thickness and shape. These chainrings are designed for all cranks that use a 104/4 bcd mounting interface, especially for power meters. Very smooth pedalling feel. This is the most premium oval chainring on the market with scientifically proven performance gains.
Oval chainrings do not produce more power, they increase pedalling efficiency through better transmission of power. This means that you won't necessarily go further by pedalling harder. But the less force you lose, the more energy you keep, allowing you to pedal harder when you need to and thus reducing your general fatigue. That's why, you'll be able to ride faster, longer and further with oval chainrings.
Studies conducted by the University of Primorska, Slovenia, show significant differences between using AbsoluteBlack Oval
chainrings and conventional round chainrings. It is proven that using an oval chainring can provide up to a 9% increase in pedal stroke efficiency, up to 7% less oxygen consumption, 15% less breathing and up to 10% lower heart rate.
- Weight : 32D (41g), 34D (44g), 36D (53g)
- Color : Black
- Crank compatibility : All cranks with 4x 104BCD interface. This means all 104bcd power meter spiders, Shimano XT / Zee / Deore / SLX / XTR, Race Face Sixc, RF Ride, RF Chester, RF Respond, FSA, E13 and many more.
- Chain compatibility : Shimano 12spd HG+.
- Material : CNC machined 7075 Txxx aluminium type II anodised.
- Chain line : 32D - 48.5 mm; 34&36T - 50 mm
- Mounting : 4 x 104 mm BCD (for 32 T ring, screws must be at least 6 mm long)
- Ovality: Optimised for each size separately. Range: 10.2 - 14.4% and 110.5 - 116.3° after TDC - Patent Pending
- Designed in the UK. Made in Poland (EU).
The 32T chainring has 2mm spacers and threaded holes (M8x0.75) to fit this size on the chainring. The other sizes have normal 10 mm holes.
If you want to check the frame clearance with the new oval plate, below is the measurement of the largest dimension of the oval (from tip to tip of the tooth):
32T: 143 mm; 34T: 151 mm; 36T: 159 mm
Oval chainrings have a +/-2 tooth construction compared to round chainrings. If we take the example of a 30-tooth oval chainring, it will be equivalent to a 32-tooth on the pedal stroke and equivalent to a 28-tooth on the leg stroke when there is less force. So make sure you have the right clearance before ordering your chainring.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SPECIAL OVAL 104BCD NARROW WIDE CHAINS :
Easy riding, smooth pedalling and less fatigue
HOW TO MOUNT THE 104BCD ABSOLUTEBLACK OVAL NARROW WIDE CHAINRING :
- We have mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get the best possible benefit from the oval/elliptical shape.
- Thinnest design to provide an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- Unique special oval shape (patent pending).
- Greatly improves traction and climbing ability: better transmission of forces to the rear wheel.
- Unique narrow and wide tooth profiles (patent pending) to keep your chain in place for at least 12 months!
- Special 3D machining of the teeth to dramatically reduce wear and noise.
- Superb quality and great looks.
- You will ride faster when using ovals. If you continue to use round rings, the others will become faster.
- You won't feel the oval shape at all.
- Prevents knee problems: less stress on knee tendons when pedalling
- The oval helps to keep lactic acid at bay.
- The narrow and wide oval (elliptical) chainring does not compromise the function of the rear derailleur clutch mechanism. It also does not require a chain tensioner when used in single speed.
- Riding out of saddle on the uphill will become more pleasant.
There is a small mark (triangle shaped) on the inner circumference of the chainring, this mark should be behind the crank arm.
DON'T KNOW WHICH SCREWS TO USE WITH AN OVAL CHAINRING WITH INTEGRATED THREADS ?
These are standard chimney screws. You can use the screws from one ring of the 64 bcd tray or use the ones that connect the medium and large ring of the 3X crank.
- Choose AbsoluteBlack 5 Long Alu Torx Chimney Screws for 104 bcd Oval 26 / 28 / 32 T chainrings.
- The 104 bcd Oval 34 / 36 T chainrings use AbsoluteBlack 5 Short Alu Torx Chimney Screws.
- The 104 bcd Round 32 / 34 / 36 / 38 T chainrings use AbsoluteBlack 5 Short Alu Torx Chimney Screws.
* Always use a new chain with a new chainring.