The road bike handlebar
The road bike handlebar is where you guide your bike, pull on the brake and change gears; the set is made of the handlebars and the stem. The road bike handlebar has a curved shape that will allow you to lean on the bike for an aerodynamic position. The bicycle handlebar is generally made of aluminium or carbon.
Different accessories to equip the bike handlebar
- Bar ends, also called handlebar extensions or horns, offer a more comfortable position on the bike and the possibility of changing the bearings on long journeys.
- There are extensions on CLM or triathlon bikes to gain speed thanks to the aerodynamic position, relieve the arms and change position.
- The plastic tape, or handlebar tape, wraps around the handlebar to prevent the hands from slipping.
How to choose the road bike handlebar
The choice of the type of bike handlebar is paramount because it conditions your position on the bike and guarantees your comfort and performance. The bike handlebars must be solid as they are twisted when sprinting and pedaling standing up.
- The material: there are aluminium road bike handlebars that are affordable and flexible, and carbon road bike handlebars that are more expensive but lighter and stiffer, which allows for better guiding performance and the handlebar doesn't get deformed when pedaling hard.
- The shape: there are compact (shallow), ergonomic (anatomical) or round handlebars. The compact bike handlebar makes it possible to quickly change position while being aero, to be comfortable standing up on the bike. The ergonomic handlebar makes the sprint position more comfortable while the round handlebar makes it possible to have a very leaning position.
- The width of the handlebar must adapt to your morphology.
It's recommended to put the handlebar tape on the handlebar so that the hands have a good grip and to adjust the stem well to have a comfortable position on the bike (it will be more or less raised according to your practice: raised for leisure and more inclined for a sports practice).
DEDA SuperZero Handlebar Black
- 17 %
RRP : 112.00€ (15)
RITCHEY Handlebar WCS ROAD EVO CARBON 3K
- 76.00 €
RRP : 279.99€ (15)
FIZIK Handlebar CYRANO R00 Carbon Chameleon Black
Easton Handlebar EC90 Aero Carbon
FSA handlebar ENERGY Compact black
- 20 %
RRP : 95.00€ (15)
Deda Superleggera Handlebar
- 20.00 €
RRP : 349.90€ (15)
RITCHEY STREEM II Handlebar WCS O/S Wet Black
RITCHEY Evomax WCS Blatte Handlebar Matte Black
FIZIK Handlebar CYRANO R3 Bull Black
3T 2014 Raod Bar ERGONOVA TEAM Carbon Black Stealth
- 48.00 €
RRP : 260.00€ (15)
RITCHEY STREEM II Handlebar WCS Black
Ritchey 2015 WCS Logic II Handlebar Matte Black
Easton Handlebar EA70 AX
RITCHEY Evomax Comp Handlebar Black
FSA handlebar OMEGA Compact black
Ritchey WCS NeoClassic Handlebar - Black Blatte 2017
THOMSON Road Bar Carbon
- 10.00 €
RRP : 249.95€ (15)
ZIPPRoad Handlebar SERVICE COURSE SL-88 Black
FIZIK Handlebar CYRANO R1 Chameleon Black
CINELLI Bullhorn Bars LOLA Black
CINELLI VAI Handlebar Black
FSA handlebar COSSAMER Compact black
- 16 %
RRP : 58.95€ (15)
CINELLI Bar PISTA ALU Black
RRP : 60.00€ (15)